Imagine a world where we’re all kind to each other. A world where we accept and embrace our differences as beauty. We created UGLI – UNIQUE, GIFTED, LOVED, INDIVIDUAL – because we believe this can be a reality. We believe if we all work together, we can end bullying. Forever.
Bullying affects everyone. It happens at school, work and in our communities. It also follows us home on social media and digital platforms. We need to talk about these problems and confront them head on, so we know who and how to help before it’s too late. Before we can help others, we need to appreciate and love ourselves. Then we can spread love to others and create a new path forward where we treat each other with kindness and respect. Our differences make us UGLI.
We’ve passionately created our goals with a long-term vision in mind and to help as many people as possible. UGLI is a tool we will use to take action now so future generations can live a reality filled with love and encouragement.
Let’s all be the new kind of UGLI and create a world where everyone is UNIQUE, GIFTED, LOVED and INDIVIDUAL. Thank YOU for all the support!
- School-based bullying prevention programs decrease bullying by up to 25%. (McCallion & Feder, 2013)
- One out of every five (20.2%) students report being bullied. (National Center for Educational Statistics, 2019 )
- Students who experience bullying are at increased risk for depression, anxiety, sleep difficulties, lower academic achievement, and dropping out of school. (Centers for Disease Control, 2019)
- Among students ages 12 – 18 who reported being bullied at school, 15% were bullied online or by text (National Center for Educational Statistics, 2019)
- According to StopBullying.gov solutions to bullying are not simple. Bullying prevention approaches that show the most promise confront the problem from many angles. They involve the entire school community—students, families, administrators, teachers, and staff such as bus drivers, nurses, cafeteria, and front office staff—in creating a culture of respect.